Your selection of Varanasi hotels should come with certain expectations. If you are a westerner who is used to specific accommodations, you had better do your homework first. This will help you keep a proper perspective. There are some Varanasi hotels that have wonderful luxuries, but most of these are international chain hotels that will cost you a pretty penny, no doubt. There are also some hotels that are not at all very accommodating and they can take advantage of you if you are not careful. With so many things to do in Varanasi, it is very important that you consider the location of your hotel in comparison with the price tag. Most of the high-end hotels have escalated prices because of where they are.
However, most people who travel to India will find the Varanasi hotels that they choose will have adequate comforts, some modern designs, and conditioning. That is a real plus, especially during the summer season. Overall, you do not have to feel like you need to spend an exorbitant amount of money just to stay in a comfortable, clean hotel. You can indeed find exactly what you need as long as you prepare in advance.
The 5 best Varanasi hotels for visitors include:
- Lara India Hotel – This is a wonderful hotel because it has lots of options. For example, they offer double rooms, cottages, and suites. All with or without air conditioning. You can order room service 24 hours a day and they also provide you with laundry service. If you require medical assistance, there is a doctor available as well. It is a distance from the airport; however, you can walk to Golden Temple, which is one of the top tourist attractions in India.
- Surya Hotel – This hotel is close to a few Varanasi Ghats and only a few minutes from the railway station. There are 50 rooms that are categorized as, Super or Deluxe Super. The amenities include in-room facials and room service.
- Diamond Hotel – With only 40 rooms, this is one of the Varanasi hotels where you can expect a personal touch in every detail. For example, they offer rooms with very modern decors, and a variety of cuisine including Chinese, Indian, and of course, continental samples. They also have a quaint tea lounge for snacks and beverages for guests.
- Radisson Hotel – Like all of the chain hotels, the Radisson Hotel Varanasi lives up to the name. It is everything you expect from an international label, including a convenient location, superior rooms, exceptional service, and hotel package extras, like Varanasi tours that pick you up and drop you off in the lobby.
- Clarks Varanasi – This hotel has by far the largest amount of rooms, 108. They offer four types too. Executive, Standard, Deluxe, and Suites. You also have easy access to the railway system, which is just under a mile away. If you need to rent a car, they have you covered as well. Great-sized rooms, a wonderful pool, and exceptional service including 24-hour concierge and room service prepared in their restaurant/kitchen.